1. Take part in a proper warm up and warm down routine, using all the main muscle groups. A suitable adult, Young Leader or Scout will need to lead the routine.
2. Explain the best clothes to wear for athletics and how to be safe.
3. Take part in one of these throwing activities:
Throw a tennis or cricket ball as far you can. Do one overarm throw and another underarm throw.
Throw three beanbags into a bucket. Try to increase the distance
Throw a football or similar ball as far as you can. Do one using
a chest push and another as an overhead throw.
4. Take part in two of these running activities and try your best:
shuttle run 6 x 10m
50m skip with a rope
25m sack race
25m egg and spoon race
5. Take part in one of these team activities:
4 x 100m relay
team assault course
assisted blindfold race.
6. Do one of these jumps and go as far or as high as you can: