First, do all five of these tasks.
1. Regularly use a bicycle, which is the right size for you, with a cycle helmet.
2. Show you can clean and oil a bicycle. Show how to pump up the tyres and mend a puncture.
3. Explain why you must lock up a bicycle when you leave it unattended.
4. Make a poster to promote road safety to pedestrians or cyclists.
5. Talk to your leader or other Cubs about the safety measures you need to take when you cycle in bad weather.
Next, choose one of the two options. Finish all the tasks for the option you choose.
Show that you can mount and dismount your bike properly.
Show how to keep your bicycle in a roadworthy condition. Why is it important?
Explain why it’s important to use lights and reflective clothing.
Go for a short ride in a safe place to show an adult that you can ride safely and confidently.
Find out about the safety equipment you need for cycling off-road.
Show that you’re able to control your bike over different types of terrain.
Find out where, in your local area, is safe to cycle off-road.
Plan and carry out a five-mile cycle ride off-road.